Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ok Midnight, You Win.



The Happy Jawbone Family Band and I spent part of winter/spring 2011 working on their new record: OK Midnight, You Win. Ted Lee (Feeding Tube) emailed me last November about recording this Brattleboro quintet at the "Festival Organ Space" in Easthampton. I was completely confused by this request, having no idea where or what the Festival Organ was. Turns out it was Ted's (along with Sunburned Hand of the Man and Fat Worm of Error) practice space.

I put together a input/gear list, loaded up my car, and set up shop for two days in bitter-cold early January for a nice basics session. Once the basics were cut, the vocals were down, and all of the primary instruments were taken care of, I moved the session over to my temporary space at Eastworks. Luke (singer, songwriter, guitarist) and I began recording all of the crazy stuff: violin, trumpet, organ, percussion, etc. In March we mixed, and by April, the record was mastered by Carl Saff.


Today is the official release date for this record and is being celebrated with a great lineup of bands at Feeding Tube Records in Northampton, MA.

I was able to work on many great records in 2011 and OK Midnight, You Win is one that I keep listening to!

The show starts at 10 pm and will no doubt be a great night! If you can't make it out, buy the records here.


No comments:

Post a Comment